Become a Host Family
What is an Au Pair?
Every Host Family should know that an Au Pair is a single person, in most cases a university student between 18 and 30 years of age, with a high educational and cultural level.
They are usually from the European Economic Community, with experience in childcare, with a very high level of English and low or medium Spanish.
They come to Spain with the purpose of learning Spanish, knowing another country, another culture, but above all to live new experiences.
What does an Au Pair offer to the Family?
The Au Pair mainly takes care of the children, plays with them, teaches them English, and does activities with them. She can also take them to school and help with simple household chores such as cleaning up the children’s room, doing laundry, preparing simple meals, tidying up the house and collaborate as one more member of the family to keep a clean and tidy home. In no case will she be treated as domestic service personnel.
What does a Family offer to the Au Pair?
- Families should treat the Au Pair as another member of the family
- Collaboration for a clean and tidy home
- A single room for private use
- Full support sharing meals with the family whenever possible
- Speaking in Spanish so as to facilitate the language learning process
- Weekly pocket money depending on working hours
- One day and a half or two days off per week
- Providing time for her to attend Spanish classes
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
Pocket money for the Au Pair