We present a new communication, this time echoed by the digital newspaper El Español in its magasIN section. In this article they have counted on the experience of KIDOWE for its writing and they tell us interesting aspects about what it means to “go as an Au Pair” and the fundamental aspects to consider.
Fundamental aspects about the benefits of going as an Au Pair abroad, not only to learn another language, but also how important it is to get by in another country with other customs and another culture.
The 5 basic rules you need to know to be an Au Pair:
- That you love being with the little ones. “A person must be 100% clear before becoming an Au Pair that they love children, as their main responsibility abroad will be to take care of young children during certain hours of the day,
They must be disciplined, with predisposition, affinity with children, patient, disciplined and eager to start a new adventure in their life.
- Motivation is key. The motivation of an Au Pair has to be the maximum. When arriving in the country everything will be new: the culture, the climate, the food, the language, the timetables, the customs…
- Choose the right family. “The person who goes will have to adapt to the family, so he/she should choose one that is as similar as possible to him/her”. A fundamental aspect is communication between Host Family & Au Pair during the first few weeks.
- Define tasks and schedules before you leave. It is essential to clarify the conditions before the trip. With Kidowe you will know your schedule and number of hours per week.
- Attitude and willingness to do things. It will take effort, but it will be one of the best years of your life. “My experience as an Au Pair was not as good as I expected, but it was, without a doubt, the best time of my life. You grow as a person; you meet so many people. And when you go back to your home country, you just want to go back, or that’s what happened to me, of course”.
Many of these basic standards are achieved when you have families who work with specialized agencies and conform to the standards of quality and responsiveness for their Au Pairs. With an agency it is more practical and safer. At KIDOWE we work to ensure that all parties enjoy the experience with complete confidence.
We would like to thank the newspaper El Español for having us for this publication, we hope it will have enough repercussion to help future Au Pairs to make this important decision, which for sure, will be one of the best experiences during their whole life.
If you have any doubts, contact us and the KIDOWE team will help you so that everything will be as you had imagined it.
You can access the article by clicking here.